We’re sorry, some of our online services are still experiencing a disruption to service as of Friday, March 6. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to be fully functional on all services soon.
Beginning in March 2020, the Allegany County Library System is joining our neighbors in Washington and Garrett Counties in a partnership to offer a shared collection of books, movies, and more, more, more!
What will you get?
- MORE books and movies! Hundreds of thousands of new items available for request, delivery, and checkout.
- MORE bestsellers! Request new and bestselling books as soon as they are ordered! PLUS, higher quantities will shorten wait times on in-demand items!
- MORE Libraries! Visit any Washington County Free Library or Ruth Enlow Library of Garrett County for seamless services and borrowing
- MORE Downloads! Check out and download books, audiobooks, movies, and more directly from the catalog!
- MORE Search Results!
- Mobile friendly catalog experience
- Predictive searching, just like Google!
Please pardon the interruption…
While we make these updates to our online catalog, we will experience a slight disruption to our services. All ACLS Libraries will be CLOSED on Monday, March 2 for the software upgrades and staff training. We appreciate your patience with us during this time and we will be happy to serve you with our new and improved system!
Online library collections and account access will be down from March 1-6. You will likely experience disruption to your online library account including:
- “My Account” Login for functions such as:
- Reviewing borrowed items
- Renewing borrowed items
- Viewing holds
- Placing holds
- Mango Languages
- Marina InterLibrary Loan Requests
- Other research/homework databases
Our libraries will be open, with limited services March 3 and 4th. At the library, we will have available:
- Item check out (Please bring your library card, we will not be able to use your ID)
- Public computers
- Meeting Rooms
- Programs, as scheduled
Please Contact Us with any questions you may have.