Choose Civility: Allegany County, MD
Choose Civility: Allegany County chooses to be a model of civility.
Choose Civility: Allegany County is a grassroots initiative to improve and enrich Allegany County by promoting civil conversations and kindness toward others.
- Pay attention
- Assume the best
- Respect other people’s time and space
- Speak kindly
- Accept and give constructive criticism
- Respect other’s opinions
- Accept and give praise
- Be inclusive
- Acknowledge others
- Be a considerate guest
- Apologize earnestly
- Take Responsibility
- Assert yourself
- Refrain from idle complaints
Staff at Howard County Public Library started Choose Civility after being inspired by Dr. Forni and his book at a staff development day in 2006!
Choose Civility: Allegany County YouTube
Allegany County’s Community Partners
- Allegany College of Maryland
- Allegany County Department of Social Services
- Allegany County Government
- Allegany County HRDC
- Allegany County Library System
- Allegany County NAACP Branch 7007
- Allegany County Republican Women’s Club
- Archway Station, Inc.
- Associated Charities of Cumberland
- B’er Chayim Congregation
- City of Cumberland
- City of Frostburg
- County United Way, Inc.
- Cumberland City Police
- Fort Hill Culture Club
- Frostburg City Police
- Frostburg State University
- Frostburg State University Police Department
- The Heart of the Earth Sanctuary and Rescue, Inc.
- Local Management Board of Allegany County, Inc.
- Maddcatt Vapors
- Magic 100.5 Radio (WDYK-FM)
- New Neighbors Welcome Committee
- Pat Sullivan
- Potomac Valley Athletic Association (PVAA)
- Rehab 1st
- WEPCO Federal Credit Union
- Women’s Action Coalition
To become a community partner or for more information, download our Choose Civility Community Partner Agreement and contact Renee Mason email@example.com or 301-777-1200.
Visit our Choose Civility: Allegany County Facebook page to see what events are happening in the area!