Choose Civility: Allegany County, MD
Choose Civility: Allegany County chooses to be a model of civility.
Choose Civility: Allegany County is a grassroots initiative to improve and enrich Allegany County by promoting civil conversations and kindness toward others.
- Pay attention
- Assume the best
- Respect other people’s time and space
- Speak kindly
- Accept and give constructive criticism
- Respect other’s opinions
- Accept and give praise
- Be inclusive
- Acknowledge others
- Be a considerate guest
- Apologize earnestly
- Take Responsibility
- Assert yourself
- Refrain from idle complaints
2019 Taste of Civility – December 12
Allegany County’s Community Partners
- Allegany College of Maryland
- Allegany County Department of Social Services
- Allegany County Government
- Allegany County Library System
- Allegany County Republican Women’s Club
- Archway Station, Inc.
- Associated Charities of Cumberland
- B’er Chayim Congregation
- City of Cumberland
- County United Way, Inc.
- Fort Hill Culture Club
- Frostburg State University
To become a community partner or for more information, download our Choose Civility Community Partner Agreement and contact Lindsay Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-777-1200.
Visit our Choose Civility: Allegany County Facebook page to see what events are happening in the area!