2022 UMD Info Challenge Summer Camp
UMD Info Challenge Summer Camp is a week-long data analysis camp
- No previous data analysis experience is necessary!
- Students will work in small teams to solve a real-world problem by analyzing a dataset provided by a professional organization. The experience will be a combination of formal instruction and group work with a mentor.
- Students will learn how to approach a formal problem statement, incorporate additional datasets to enhance the analysis, use Tableau to conduct the analysis, and create a meaningful visualization to share their results.
- At the end of the week, each team will present their final project to a panel of judges. The top teams will be awarded prizes.
- Apply early, space is limited!
- Learn more at a virtual information session on Saturday, May 14 at 11 AM, join below!
10:00am – Review of Daily schedule
10:05am – Instruction (ex. Understanding a problem statement, Introduction to Tableau)
10:30am – Team work based on the instruction
12:30pm – Campus activity (ex. tour the Stamp student union, visit a dorm)
1:00pm – Lunch
2:00pm – Instruction (ex. Incorporating additional datasets, Displaying the results)
2:30pm – Team work based on the instruction
3:00pm – Break
3:15pm – Instruction (ex. Creating an analysis plan, Telling the data story)
3:45pm – Team work based on the instruction
4:45pm – Daily Wrap-up and tomorrow’s plan
Session II Virtual: July 25 – 29, 2022, 10am-5pm Daily
Target Campers: Rising 11th and 12th Grade High School Students living in Allegany County, Calvert County, Garrett County, or Somerset County
Note: The ICSC22 Team is working with County Libraries to provide desks, computers, and wifi access for campers to use.
Cost to Participants: $300 (Scholarships available)
Application Deadline: Register between March 20 – June 1, 2022
Participation Notification Date: June 6, 2022
Apply for ICSC22
- Complete the ICSC22 application form between March 20 – June 1, 2022.
- COMPLETING THIS FORM DOES NOT GUARANTEE A SPOT FOR YOU IN ICSC22!
- There are limited number of spots available for ICSC22, so apply early!
- You will be contacted within 3-5 business days after completing the form to confirm we have received your application.
- You will be notified by June 6, 2022 if you have been accepted to attend ICSC22.