Story Time in the Park
Because library buildings remain closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, traditional Summer@Your Library events will be modified to observe social distancing guidelines. Starting in late June, the ACLS Story Corps will host outdoor story times twice a week at alternating parks throughout the county.
Families are encouraged to bring a blanket or lawn chairs and enjoy listening to several books designed to have fun, strengthen literacy skills and promote healthy outdoor adventures. Every child will also receive free books to take home to keep reading all summer long!
Masks are strongly encouraged. Families are asked to observe a distance of 6 feet from other families, children must stay with their families. Please visit the CDC’s guide for Visiting Parks and Recreational Facilities before attending.
Please stay home if anyone in your household is ill or has had close contact with someone that has tested positive for COVID-19 or someone that has symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
We are using guidelines from the CDC, State of Maryland, and Allegany County Health Department. Even as we follow these guidelines, as a public space and service we cannot guarantee a germ-free environment. Attending an event is your decision based on the needs of you and your family. For patrons not comfortable attending an event, we will be offering virtual programs starting July 1.
Outdoor story times will take place at 10 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Story Time in the Park Schedule*:
- June 25 – Constitution Park Amphitheater
- June 30 – Creekside Park in Westernport
- July 2 – Holly Fields in LaVale
- July 7 – Glendening Park in Frostburg
- July 9 – Canal Place in Cumberland
- July 14 – Iron Furnace Park in Lonaconing
- July 16 – Cresaptown Sports Complex
- July 21 – Constitution Park Amphitheater
- July 23 – Creekside Park in Westernport
- July 28 – Holly Fields in LaVale
- July 30 – Glendening Park in Frostburg
- August 4 – Iron Furnace Park in Lonaconing
- August 6 – Cresaptown Sports Complex
*The schedule is subject to change and is weather permitting. Please follow our Allegany County Library System Facebook page for news and updates and check back regularly.