Westernport Photo Contest
Join us in celebrating the beauty and diversity of our world through the lens of your camera! The Westernport Library Friends Group invites photographers of all ages to showcase their talent and creativity in four captivating categories: Nature, People, Black and White, and Other. Whether you’re an aspiring photographer or a seasoned pro, this contest is your opportunity to share your unique perspective with the world.
- All entries must be submitted by November 6, 2023.
- Each participant can submit a maximum of five photos.
- Photos must be printed and submitted in a size of 5×7 inches or larger. If you need assistance printing your photos, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/HqMPws1ocRQaqfY5A
- Each photo must have your full name, age, category the photo should be in, and contact information on the back. If a child, please include guardian name with the contact information.
- All ages are welcome to participate, and entrants will be grouped by age.
- There is no entry fee – participation is free and open to all.
- All photos must be appropriate for all ages: no nudity, violence or gore, or slurs.
- Photos and printed forms can be submitted to any Allegany County Library System branch.
Entries will be sorted into self-proclaimed categories:
- 🌿 Category 1: Nature
- 👫 Category 2: People
- 📷 Category 3: Black and White
- 💫 Category 4: Other
And age groups within those categories:
- 17 +
- Winning photographs will be proudly displayed in the Westernport Library, where they will continue to inspire and captivate the community.
- A panel of judges appointed by the Friends of the Westernport Library will select a winner from each age group, in each category.
- The grand prize winners will be voted on by the public visiting the library between Nov 7 – Nov -14.
- 2nd place in each category: $15
- 1st place in each category: $25
- Grand Prize winners per age group: $50
- Winners will be announced at a celebration at the Westernport Library on Nov 14 at 6pm. All participants are encouraged to attend.
Or stop at an Allegany County Library System branch to complete a registration form.
If you have any issues, please email Coordinator of Events, Ali Cline, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration is required to participate.
This event is sponsored by the Westernport Library Friends Group.